Random Ride #9 – Bundeena to Tullimbar (9 Oct 2016) CANCELLED!!!

Due to lack of interest, this ride has been cancelled…:(

 

Advertisements

21 thoughts on “Random Ride #9 – Bundeena to Tullimbar (9 Oct 2016) CANCELLED!!!

  1. Well although the morning held out, the coastal showers hit around 12.30pm. We would’ve got caught at Tullimbah with some heavy rain. Nonethless I hope some of you took advantage of the morning sunshine. I still haven’t ridden since Taralga and I’m looking forward to getting back on for a ride…somewhere. Let’s hope 2 weeks time is better weather.

    Paul

    Like

  2. Whilst the sun is out at this morning, it wasn’t worth spoiling a ride with forecasts that predict high chance of thunderstorms. Greg advised that he missed the message this morning and rode up to Mt.Keira however it was blocked due to another big ride that was happening today. The boys at Macarthur reported constant rain out there so I think we have made the right call.

    The MYSTERY ride had us heading north to Bundeena via Waterfall for a stop at the Bundeena Ferry Wharf. From there were to head back through the National Park to the Bald Hill Headland for a brief stop before heading down south towards the Gong via the Sea Cliff bridge.

    We would head through Figtree and Dapto and via Mount Marshall Road make our way to Calderwood and lunch at the Tullimbah Inn.

    After lunch, we would have headed up the Pass and turned left at the Pie Shop to head down to Jamberoo, up to Saddleback Mountain and back to down to Bombo beach for a brief stop there.

    From Bombo, we would head up via Minnamurra and to Oak Flats to follow the Lake back to Windang and from there on to Mt Keira.

    So, I propose that we revisit this ride in two weeks on Sunday 9th October 2016.

    I’ll repost the ride.

    Paul

    Like

  3. Randoms,
    13 riders +1 joining us on Sunday.
    Paul, Mick, Wayne, Nas, Allan, Greg, Marcelo, Marcello, Loris, Tom +1, Steve, Kenneth, Jason.
    Reminder: all ride updates will be posted here.
    Paul

    Like

  4. Weather forecast for Sunday indicates a passing shower in the morning. 90% chance of 1-5mm. I will post a GO – NOGO message here on Sunday morning no later than 7am.

    Like

  5. OK – all riders to meet at Mt.Keira lookout at 8am for a 8.30am (or earlier) departure. I have made a lunch reservation at a mystery location for 12pm. We will return to Mt. Keira Lookout to complete the ride at approx 3pm. There will be 4 stops along the way. No leg will be greater than 1hour in duration. We have riders from Macarthur and all parts of the Illawarra. Mt.Keira is relatively central for all riders who have expressed interest. I will advise the details of the first leg shortly before we depart Mt.Keira lookout. If you have not advised your intention to participate in this ride, please do so to avoid the group leaving without you in the event you are running a little late. I have checked the weather outlook for Sunday. There is a chance of rain, but it is clearing to a sunny Monday. If the weather is doubtful, I will make a call first thing by email. If you have any questions, just let me know….Paul

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s